Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Costume

My new costume!

I finally let go of my amazing blue Hoda Zaki Costume, as it was too big in the hips and I'd worn it everywhere. I swapped it for this incredible "naked dress" from Shems on the Bhuz swap meet. It was a little too big all over so it required major surgery. I hemmed it, took in the bodysuit waist and bra straps, almost completely took off the skirt and re-stitched it lower and with a nicer curve, stitched down a couple loose stones, took off some beaded strands I didn't like, and added some new rhinestone swirls over the slit and over the low back. (The back had no rhinestones when I got it). I thought it would be perfect for Shamadan at Myth, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

My old costume looks fantastic on Shems so this was a very successful trade. I love Bhuz!



No comments: